Posted: 13 May 2015
In the words of that immortal sports writer, Jimmy Cannon, “Nobody asked me, but…”
- Does anybody else beside me follow baseball on “Game Cast” on an I-Pad, absent commercials and talking heads, but with immediate video highlights?
- The NFL draft has become too much of a theatrical production. Enough with the hugs already, Commissioner.
- Rules are rules, but a 45-7 Patriots pasting of Denver wasn’t due to deflated footballs. When a team loses a Conference Championship game by 38 points, the football used is the least of their worries!
- The Tampa Bay Area will lose MLB forever unless rich/smart/creative people step up to the plate soon.
- Netflix, Apple and Hulu are all I need to know about television.
- The combined size of pitchers CC Sabathia and Bartolo Colon, each just south of 300 pounds, would strain seating arrangements on even the most jumbo of jumbo jets.
- Nobody creates bios like Laura Hillenbrand did with “Seabiscuit” and “Unbroken.”
- Why do all current model four-door black sedans look alike?
- Both feet in-bounds is needed for an NFL catch. College is just one. Doesn’t make sense.
- When did we go from “One Nation Under God” to ‘Raider Nation’ and ‘Red Sox Nation?’
- Will new Cub skipper Joe Maddon have his team in the post-season in one year or will it take two?
- Philadelphia Eagles coach Chip Kelly now has every quarterback but the one he really wanted, Marcus Mariota.
- Let’s leave the College Playoff number at four teams for the next couple of years at least, shall we?
- The cause of all the New York Jet problems was Rex Ryan benching Mark Sanchez after the quarterback had gotten them to successive conference title games his first two years. Rex has since secretly shuffled off to Buffalo.
- Nothing is as exciting in sports as a Tampa Bay Lightning hockey game seen in-person.
- Ironically, Notre Dame quarterback Everett Golson transferring to FSU would be a good fit for one year for both teams.
- The greatest non-medical invention of the 20th Century was television, wasn’t it? Or was it air-conditioning?
- While the Yankee suits virtually disown A-Rod publicly, they have to be cheering him quietly to get them to another World Series.
- Bound to never happen again: The first two players chosen in the NFL draft will be quarterbacks, each having 13 letters in his name, like Jameis Winston and Marcus Mariota.